Think of the store Ikea; what do you see in your mind? Bunk beds? Lamps? What about MONKEYS? No? Well, some people living in Toronto will from now on think about monkeys whenever they hear the name of the store. According to yahoo.com, a coat and diaper-wearing monkey was found cruising around Ikea! Don’t believe me? Well, here is the monkey:
Yep, I’m not kidding! There was a monkey in Ikea! Apparently this photo, as well as the story, has gone viral, inspiring the popular Twitter hashtag: #IkeaMonkey. Since then, there have been some pretty hilarious Twitter posts:
“No more monkeys jumping on the bed!” – panicked Ikea employee #ikeamonkey,” tweeted @annetdonahue.
“It is believed that #IkeaMonkey entered Ikea in august to buy a banana split at lunch counter and could not find it’s way out since then,” tweeted @trapdinawrpool.
Additionally, some clever people used photoshop to put the monkey in some other interesting places:
Monkey meets mayor.
Who wore it better?
Ha! Well, what do you think? Have YOU seen the Ikea monkey? What would you do if you did? Tell me in the comments
***BONUS: Footage of the creature!!!!
- Well Dressed Tiny Monkey Runs Wild In IKEA (ksfm.cbslocal.com)
- The Best of Ikea Monkey, the Meme (gawker.com)
- Everything You Need To Know About The Ikea Monkey (buzzfeed.com)
- Monkey Shocks IKEA Shoppers in Toronto (on.aol.com)
- Shearling Coat-Wearing Monkey Found Wandering Around Canadian Ikea (gawker.com)
- #IkeaMonkey: what we know about Canada’s most famous shopper (guardian.co.uk)
- Monkey wearing coat and diapers found in Toronto Ikea parking lot (rawstory.com)
- Ikea monkey is named Darwin, and ‘he’s not very happy right now’ (thestar.com)
- Escaped Monkey In a Fancy Shearling Coat Found at Toronto’s Ikea (laughingsquid.com)
- Ikea monkey runs amok on Twitter (cbc.ca)