Whoopie pies are the food form of edible sunshine I think. They are so cute, but are extremely delicious if you bake them the right way! What I tend to see when people make them, are they either make the cake to mushy or they make it hard like a cookie. But the secret is that they are neither hard nor soft; they are a balance of the two. You want it to be light and fluffy, but not cakey and sticky or crumbly and chewy; like little chocolate pillows gently cushioning the luscious filling that fills them. That is another mistake that many people make: the filling. Many people make it too marshmallowy, causing for a sticky and overly sweet filling. The trick is to layer the marshmallow fluff with cream cheese and cool whip to make the filling flavorful and fluffy. I made my whoopie pies by using this recipe.
What do you think about this recipe? Do you love whoopie pies? Tell me your thoughts in the comments!
- Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies (christinareginablog.com)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (labelleviemagazine.wordpress.com)
- German Gingerbread Whoopie Pies (hungrylittlegirl.com)
- Monster Whoopie Pies (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Tha Pumpkin Saga Pt Deuce(s): Pumpkin Spiced WHoopie Pies. (jbake7.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Borders Line: Be A Badass Baker – Whoopie Pies Three Ways (badassdigest.com)
- Easy to make Cake Mix Whoopie Pies (behindthestudio.com)